Wednesday, January 20, 2016

#72 | MY INVENTORY ORGANIZER


From the first day in SL I always tried to keep my inventory organized, because I usually lose everything in rl and sl. Because in SL I get new things everyday I absolutely need to keep my inventory organized. I like to separate the items in categories. And I use to create sub-categories, so it is easier for me to find what I'm looking for.

Ok this is probably not an awesome organization, but it helps me, so I'd like to share it with you, maybe my inventory organizer can help you as well, who knows!?

First of all I suggest to clean the inventory from unnecessary things, for this I made a guide How to clean your inventory, where I suggest some keywords to find what to delete.

I create many different folders, so I can sort my items in each category. To find what I most use I renamed the most used folders with a symbol before the name.



I have 5 "favorite" folders:

-ACCESSORIES
-BODY
-CLOTHING
-HAIR
-SHOES

In many folders I created some sub-categories.
And sometimes I use to create a sub-sub-category. Yes, it probably sounds weird and confusional, but tbh it helps me to find what I'm looking for faster.

Let's see my sub-categories.





-ACCESSORIES
Bags
Belts
Bows
Crowns
Glasses
Jewels -> (Bracelets, Necklaces, Earrings, Rings, Sets)
Masks
Others
Piercings
Scarfs

-BODY
Appliers
Eyebrows
Eyelashes
Eyes
Hairbase
Make Up
Mesh Body Parts -> (Bodies, Booty, Breast, Ears, Hands/Feet, Heads, Mouths)
Nails
Physics
Shape
Skins
Teeth

-CLOTHING
Bikini -> (Mesh, Layer)
Bodysuits 
Costumes
Dresses -> (Mesh, Layer)
Jackets
Lingerie
Outfits -> (Mesh, Layer)
Pants -> (Mesh, Layer)
Shirts -> (Mesh, Layer)
Skirts -> (Mesh, Layer)

-HAIR
I put all them together

-SHOES
At the start I used to separate Mid, High and Bare (because of Slink), now it's different so I can put all them together.

ANIMATIONS
Ao
Dances
Emotes

APPLIERS
BUILDS
EVENTS

FURNITURE
House/Skybox
Furniture -> (Kitchen, Deco, Sofa/Bench/Pouf, Lamps, Wardrobe/Shelves, Tables/Chair, Rugs)
Land -> (Plants, Outsim, City, Beach) 

GACHA
GAMES
GROUP JOIN
HUDS
PICS

POSE
Couple
Single
Family
Group
Pose Stand

SH*T 
lol this folder is for funny and random stuff.

STORE
Cash
Display
Scripts
Shopping Bags/Gift box
Signs

TEXTURES


Ok, here's how I made my inventory, but I'm always looking for better ways to organize, so if you have any idea pleeease let me know! I really would like to know your method.
And for those who were looking for an idea, I hope my inventory organizer will help you a bit.
And check also How to clean your inventory. ♥

BODY
Skin mpc. - Isa Skin - Chocolate (@WaywardWinter)
Hair Bold&Beauty - Luanna Hair - Blacks (@TheEpiphany)

CLOTHING
Shirt Evani - Teya Sweater - Beige (@TheDressingRoom)
Pants Evani - Teya Jeans - Navy (@TheDressingRoom)

ACCESSORIES
Earrings Kibitz - Alu's Earrings - Gold (@ShinyShabby)
Clutch Pink Acid - Letter For Santa Envelope Clutch - Gold 




No comments:

Post a Comment